One Pot Orzo Pasta with Rooster, Sundried Tomatoes, and Spinach is wholesome, quick to make, and bursting with crave-deserving flavors. This healthful 20-moment meal is best for hectic weeknights and dinner parties alike!
407 Energy49g CARBS8g Fat33g PROTEIN
One Pot Orzo Pasta with Rooster Recipe
This effortless orzo pasta recipe is a fast paced mom’s aspiration. Uncomplicated to make, healthful, and delicious—the trifecta! Insert in the point that it can take just 20 minutes to make and you have acquired oneself the ultimate relatives supper. Serving for 1? The leftovers can provide as rapid and uncomplicated lunches all week very long.
I don’t know about you, but I’m not a admirer of undertaking dishes. Which is one particular of the a lot of motives why one particular-pot meals are so darn captivating to me. Only just one dish to wash? Depend me in.
I’m no stranger to these kinds of meals, which you most likely know if you have noticed my other one pot meals like this One particular Pot Caprese Pasta or this 1 Pot Spinach and Tomato Pasta.
One particular Pot Orzo is built with flavorful elements which includes rooster breast, orzo, chicken broth, white beans, infant spinach, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and new basil. It is a powerhouse of rich, savory, new, and lively flavors, all cooked in one particular glorious pot. We also love this Lemon Orzo with Broccoli and Roasted Vegetable Orzo.
You can serve this dish on its very own or pair it together with some Two Component Dough Breadsticks for the supreme pasta night time. No make any difference how and when you opt for to serve this dish, it ensures to be the star of any meal table. Test it out for your self and see!
To make this delectable one-pot orzo recipe, you will require the following vital ingredients:
- Rooster breasts: Make absolutely sure to use boneless, skinless hen breasts. Hen thighs also perform. For a vegetarian just one-pot dish, sense free of charge to go away the chicken.
- Garlic: Fresh new is very best, so I very recommend sticking to new garlic if you can. Normally, garlic powder will get the job done in a pinch.
- Rooster broth: To retain the sodium reduced in this dish, I choose to use lower-sodium rooster broth. Nevertheless, typical rooster broth and vegetable broth will the two work fine as perfectly.
- Orzo: If you really don’t have orzo or just want to try one thing else, experience totally free to use your preferred compact sort of pasta. Some of my top rated possibilities consist of ditalini or pastina. Nonetheless, you will require to adjust the cooking time to match the pasta you are cooking.
- Cannellini beans: These beans have a nutty, earthy flavor that preferences wonderful with the other flavors of this dish. They also increase a hearty dose of protein and fiber. Chickpeas also do the job or you can skip the beans entirely.
- Baby spinach: If 6 cups of spinach seem like a ton to you, just hold out until it cooks down! If you only have frozen spinach, that will work as nicely. Just make confident ro defrost it first and squeeze out any excess dampness.
- Sunlight-dried tomatoes: I endorse employing the form that come packed in oil with herbs, as this infuses a ton of great taste into the previously-tasty sunshine-dried tomatoes. Drained diced tomatoes would also operate.
- Fresh basil: While you can use a unique herb if you’d like (parsley is effective nicely), it is completely critical to adhere to new herbs. They add tons of flavor to this amazing dish.
What is orzo pasta? How do you cook orzo?
Orzo is a little pasta that is oval-formed and resembles rice. It is labeled as a “pastina” or little pasta in Italy and is designed from semolina flour. It is well-known in soups, grain bowls, pasta salads, pasta dishes, and other recipes wherever a smaller sized pasta performs far better.
Typically talking, orzo can be cooked in two ways. It can be cooked just like any pasta in boiling salted h2o. It takes 8-10 minutes.
Orzo can also be cooked like rice, where by the orzo absorbs the liquid it cooks. This success in a delightful creamy texture since the starch remains. For this preparing, you will want 2 cups of liquid for 1 cup of orzo. Cook for 8-12 minutes, stirring regularly to hold the orzo from sticking.
Recipe Strategies and Versions
Below are some of my best tips and methods to enable you make this dish:
- The liquid is adaptable. If your liquid evaporates ahead of your orzo has concluded cooking, do not be concerned to increase some extra! I’ve normally identified 3 cups of broth to be the sweet location, but you can completely include a lot more if wanted. The rooster broth turns into a creamy sauce for this dish, so do not be worried to increase a very little further if required. It shouldn’t be dry. Insert about two tablespoons of liquid at a time.
- Stir. Make positive you bear in mind to stir your orzo commonly to guarantee that it doesn’t adhere to the base of the pan.
- Change the cooking time if desired: Style the orzo as it cooks and boosts the cooking time if required until finally it is al dente.
- White wine. If you’re experience extravagant, test replacing some of the chicken broth with white wine. Alcoholic beverages will help release taste molecules in other foods, indicating the flavors of this dish will be improved.
- Dried herbs. If you simply cannot get your fingers on any fresh new herbs, you can use dried basil instead. Just make certain to minimize the sum by half.
- End with lemon: To include some brightness to the last dish, complete with some contemporary lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Increase much more veggies: This dish functions great with added veggies. Consider adding some crimson peppers, zucchini, pink onion, fresh cherry tomatoes, or summertime squash.
- Add a garnish: Kick up the taste even additional by incorporating some kalamata olives, pine nuts, capers, sliced lemons, fresh new parsley, pink pepper flakes, or added parmesan cheese.
How to Provide Orzo Pasta
This One Pot Hen and Orzo is the best nutritious weeknight meal. Since it has all the parts of a well balanced food — grains, veggies, and protein — this dish stands up brilliantly on its personal.
If you are seeking for anything a lot more, below are some of my favored dishes to serve with this dish:
- Bread. Bread is the traditional pasta accompaniment and this mouth watering orzo dish is no various. I endorse serving this orzo dish with garlic bread, toasted sourdough, or vintage breadsticks.
- Salad. If you are searching to incorporate some much more greens into your meal, then serving this orzo alongside a aspect salad is a terrific alternative. Some of my major possibilities include things like my Quick Arugula Salad, Quick Spring Mix Salad, and Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad.
Leftovers and Storage Recommendations
Wanting to retail outlet leftovers of this healthy just one-pot meal? No challenge. Once the dish has cooled, transfer it to an airtight storage container. Then, you can keep it in one of two techniques:
- In the fridge for up to 3-5 times.
- In the freezer for up to 2 months.
Regularly Asked Inquiries
Underneath are the solutions to some of the most regularly requested queries about this dish:
This orzo recipe is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the addition of lots of veggies, beans, and hen. Nonetheless, simply because orzo is quite substantial in carbs, it is continue to vital to consume this dish in moderation. As extensive as you do that, this meal would make a completely wholesome addition to any eating plan.
Reheating leftovers of this wholesome dish is a breeze. All you have to do is area them in a microwave-secure container and reheat in 1 minute intervals until heat. Alternatively, you can reheat leftovers on medium heat above the stove until finally warmed through. If the dish seems dry, insert a splash of rooster broth.
Whilst solar-dried tomatoes increase a ton of taste to this dish, you can surely use canned diced tomatoes in their place if that is what you have at house. Keep in intellect this will alter the flavor and texture of the dish, but it will continue to be delightful.