Do you know what goes really well with some Chicken Tacos? A delicious, tangy and sweet Mango Margarita! Make my easy, 5-minute blender version with the season’s freshest mangoes and watch the party come alive!
🥭 Why make my Mango Margarita?
Easy & Quick – My mango margarita is the easiest cocktail recipe you will ever make. It is a semi-frozen margarita made with mangoes and crushed ice. Just add everything to the blender, blend for a few seconds, and voila! Ready to party!
Tastes Like Summer – This fruity, tropical margarita is the real deal. Fresh or frozen mangoes make this thick like nectar and irresistibly delicious. Like summer and sunshine in a glass!
Easy To Scale Up – My recipe is for a single serving. Just scale it up to have multiple servings for a party or gathering.
Sugar-Free – Just like my Avocado Margarita, my mango margarita is sugar-free and has no added sweetener. The sweetness comes from the sweet, juicy mangoes and the orange liqueur. It has a refined, grown-up taste and you will absolutely love it!
📝 Ingredients & Substitutions
- Mango – During mango season, use the best quality mangoes you can find. Make sure your mangoes are super fragrant (a good indication that they are perfectly ripe and very sweet). Kensington Pride mangoes have the right amount of sweet and sour for this margarita. Other great mango varieties you can use are Alphonso, Honey Gold, R2E2. If you can’t find fresh, use frozen mangoes and adjust ice and chilled water as per my recipe notes.
- Tequila – Blanco tequila (silver) is a clear tequila considered the purest form of this liqueur. Blanco tequila is perfect for this recipe as it has a clean fresh taste and great for mixing cocktails. My favourite blanco tequila brands are Don Julio, Sesion, Casamigos and Patron.
- Orange Liqueur – Triple sec is the most widely used orange liqueur for margaritas. But my favourite is Cointreau, a French liqueur that has the perfect balance of the sweetness and bitterness of an orange peel. It adds amazing depth to the mango margarita.
- Lime – Margaritas need lime juice for the heavenly citrus tang. If you must substitute, try grapefruit juice before reaching for lemon juice.
- Shichimi Togarashi and Salt – I make a mixture of flaky salt and Shichimi Togarashi to rim the margarita glass. This really elevates the drinking experience. Shichimi Togarashi also known as just Shichimi is a seven-ingredient Japanese chilli spice mix. It has red pepper, roasted orange peel, black sesame seed, yellow sesame seed, Japanese pepper, nori (seaweed) and ginger. I use the House Foods brand. If you can’t find this spice mix, substitute with mild chilli powder or sweet paprika.
(See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.)
🍹 Step By Step Instructions
- Prepare the mango by cutting the mango cheeks, scoring the flesh and scooping it out in a bowl.
- Make the chilli salt by mixing flaky salt and Shichimi Togarashi in a shallow, wide, flat bowl.
3. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a 250ml glass tumbler.
4. Dip the rim of the glass in the chilli salt mixture.
5. Add mango flesh, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and ice cubes to the jug of a small blender.
6. Blend for approximately 15-20 seconds until smooth.
7. Pour the mango margarita in the chilli salt-rimmed glass.
8. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve immediately.
🌮 What To Serve With Mango Margarita
Tacos and margaritas are a match made in culinary heaven!
Serve this margarita with Chicken Tacos or Taco Rice!
Or make a big bowl of my Texas Caviar and wash it down with the margaritas!
Why not try Fresh Crispy Salmon Burrito Bowls and some Guacamole With Smoky Black Beans while sipping your margarita? Absolutely delicious meal combo!
🙋 Recipe FAQs
No. We only use half cup of ice. The margarita is perfectly chilled, creamy and thick but not frozen. You would need a lot more ice to make it a frozen margarita. When using frozen mango, we add a mix of ice and chilled water to maintain the slushie-like drinkable consistency of the margarita.
Yes, of course! To make a Mango Margarita Mocktail, skip the tequila and orange liqueur. Instead, add half a cup of orange juice and an extra tablespoon of lime juice and blend as per the recipe.
Of course, you can! Substitute with your favourite orange liqueur like Cointreau or Curacao. And if you don’t want to use orange liqueur, just add orange juice.
🧡 More Margaritas & Other Cocktails
Hungry For More Recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter. Check out Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see everything I share! And if you love cooking and new cookbooks, join my free Cooking Club on Facebook!
Prepare the mango by cutting the mango cheeks, scoring the flesh and scooping it out in a bowl.
Add flaky salt and Shichimi Togarashi in a flat, wide, shallow bowl to make the chilli salt mixture. Mix well.
Run a lime slice along the rim of a 250ml tumbler.
Dip the rim of the glass in the chilli salt mixture and turn it slightly until the rim is coated in the mixture.
Place mango flesh, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and ice cubes in the jug of a small blender (I use Nutribullet). Blend for approximately 15 seconds until smooth.
Pour the mango margarita in the prepared glass. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve immediately.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 2402mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 2495IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg